[lug] Anyone else hate to get rid of old equipment?

Dru Whitledge druw at oneimage.com
Tue May 25 14:18:06 MDT 2010

Jeeze, I hate to even contemplate incurring the  wrath of the tea
party or the right wing reptilian republicans -- but isn't this a
perfect function for "bigger government" -- at least a little bigger
-- at  minimum managing the information part ??

Free markets (and I like free markets, I really like 'em) can and
will do the job eventually, but  are obviously (and historically)
slow on the uptake sans incentives -- certainly relative to our level
of patience, anyway. Even -- as mentioned -- in the  absence of
building-in incentives to assist free markets to work (something
not  to be done cavalierly) -- shouldn't we expect our government(s)
-- representing us and on our behalf -- to at least sort-out,
evaluate and publish all pertinent info on what are presently the
most efficient current options for handling the "recycling" problem
as it presently exists while respecting all perspectives and all
presumptions economic impacts in all appropriate time frames.

I wonder why -- even in and about -- an enlightened enclave like
Boulder (County) they don't have enough available pixels to put up
some web pages as a central source for such info?

Solo mis dos centavos.

Dru
303 666-7665