[lug] Anyone else hate to get rid of old equipment?

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed May 26 19:49:52 MDT 2010

Carl Wagner wrote:
> The hole in the ozone layer has everything to do with Climate Change.
>
> There was scientific consensus that freon was destroying the ozone
> layer.  So they outlawed it.
> IFF that was proved wrong, than scientific consensus is worthless, and
> science is not to be trusted, at least all not science where politics
> are involved, IE global warming.

And not so much scientific consensus but political reaction.  Should we have seen an effect from our
policy change?  If so, and we didn't, should we reverse the policy?  If not, why not?  Why did we
change the policy in the first place?  That doesn't seem to get discussed much.

To me the climate change discussion seems very similar at the political level.

So I predict in 30 years we won't be talking about global climate change and it won't be much
different than today.

Dave