[lug] Anyone else hate to get rid of old equipment?

Richard Fifarek rfifarek at fifarek.net
Fri May 28 10:08:40 MDT 2010

On 5/27/10 9:13 AM, John Hernandez wrote:
> I actually think SmartGrid has significant transparency and market
> upside.

	I'm with John on this, but the current implementations leave a lot to
be desired.

	Josh Wright (well known for wireless security research), along with a
few others, were hired to do some initial security evaluations of the
smart grid tech currently in use, and what they found was pretty
worrisome.  There was a technical failure (I'd guess the moderator
forgot to hit record) in recording the webcast, but you can find more
info here, including slides:

http://www.willhackforsushi.com/?p=349

--
Richard H. Fifarek