[lug] Anyone else hate to get rid of old equipment?

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 15:54:36 MDT 2010

I am not an expert on this by any chance, I just googled and found
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/research/ushcn/ushcn.html which
says:

[1950 to 1980] During this time, many sites were relocated from city
locations to airports and from roof tops to grassy areas. This often
resulted in cooler readings than were observed at the previous sites.

If you are not satisfied, you might want to ask NOAA or the authors of
the report you question.

Regards,
Davide