[lug] CUPS printing problem

Bruce Long qstream at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 11:22:08 MDT 2010

Hi all,
I am trying to get CUPS to work on the Nokia N900. I have it building OK,
the service runs and lpr finds the service. I can use the web-interface to
add printers, etc.

But when I actually try to print I get a message like "Unsupported format:
application/PDF" or "Unsupported format: test/plain" Googling has led to
suggestions regarding a file called /etc/cups/mime.conf. But my installation
does not contain this file. I wonder if CUPS 1.4.3 doesn't use this file.
But maybe the problem isn't related to that.

The CUPS error_log shows "Returning IPP
client-error-document--format-not-supported for send-document
(ipp:/./localhost:631/printers/HP-Laserjet-1100) from localhost

What could be causing this?

--
Give me immortality or give me death!