[lug] CUPS printing problem

Bruce Long qstream at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 19:51:59 MDT 2010

The N900 is a phone using the Linux Maemo distro. It doesn't have any
printing support at all so I am setting it up from scratch.

I'm learning a lot about CUPS! Your suggestion about foomatic and
ghostscript is probably correct. I have gcc on the phone; I'll see if they
build!

Thanks!

Bruce

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 6:37 PM, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us>wrote:

> Bruce Long wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I am trying to get CUPS to work on the Nokia N900. I have it building OK,
> > the service runs and lpr finds the service.
>
> Why don't you use what your distro packages?
>
> > But when I actually try to print I get a message like "Unsupported
> format:
> > application/PDF" or "Unsupported format: test/plain"
>
> Probably you need the right filters.  Does the INSTALL file say anything
> about how to select them?
> If not perhaps the configure script has options that will give you a clue.
>  foomatic or ghostscript
> are likely candidates.
>
> Dave

Give me immortality or give me death!