[lug] CUPS printing problem

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Jun 14 20:55:59 MDT 2010

Bruce Long wrote:
> The N900 is a phone using the Linux Maemo distro. It doesn't have any
> printing support at all so I am setting it up from scratch.

Do they have an emulator so you can experiment on a faster/full size machine?

Anyway, perhaps you only need the CUPS client stuff.  I managed to get a workstation to send jobs
straight to the print server, though it has a full CUPS install (because otherwise the config stuff
isn't there to tell it to be a client--duh!)

And if you haven't seen it perhaps this is interesting:

http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/view/add_printing_option_to_the_n900/

Dave