[lug] ubuntu networking: when it's bad, it's really, really bad

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Fri Jun 18 17:41:15 MDT 2010

But now, after literally doing nothing but moving a system from one room to another(*) my networking is REALLY hosed. The wired network isn't picking up DHCP and the wireless networking is totally hosed as well. I've gone through Preferences > Network Configuration but all of the settings just go *poof*. I tried editing the files directly but the wired network isn't getting picked up and as far as I can tell the wpa_supplicant configuration is handled by unicorn farts.

Try rebooting all routers/switches involved. There might be a cached MAC address.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net