[lug] Atom Based Computers

Michael Osburn bug at michaelosburn.com
Mon Jul 12 13:04:29 MDT 2010

All of my atom tests ran fine for any OS I tried. Drivers are an issue on
the *BSD side and compiling anything is slow so I would recomend distcc if
you need to do native builds.

On Jul 12, 2010 12:56 PM, "Aaron Nichols" <anichols at trumped.org> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 3:41 AM, Stephen Queen <svqueen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was considering buying...
I don't have any warnings. I have run both your standard i386 versions
of Ubuntu & the netbook versions which have some optimizations for the
atom CPU, both work fine with the optimized version yielding a little
better battery life in my case. The CPU's generally, I think, run most
anything an x86 processor will.

Aaron
Join us on IRC: irc.hackingsociety.org port=6667 channel=#hackingsociety