[lug] Old copies of Fedora?

Maxwell Spangler maxlists at maxwellspangler.com
Wed Jul 21 16:26:38 MDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 17:47 -0400, Patrick Mullen wrote:
> > I've got a friend who needs to install Fedora 9 to get support from
> > his IT department.
>
> Be aware that he may get support from his IT department, but he
> certainly won't get support from Fedora.  My Fedora desktop is only
> two years old yet I can't get updates for it anymore.  It's really
> obnoxious.

Fedora has never offered and therefore never failed to provide long term
support.

I, for one, appreciate the cutting edge environment it provides and
enjoy using it like whitewater rafting.  A fedora upgrade can be a lot
of change at a fast pace but it's a hell of a ride and I keep coming
back for more.

--
Maxwell Spangler
        Linux, Unix and Database Administration