[lug] Old copies of Fedora?

Patrick Mullen pmullen.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 12:06:10 MDT 2010

> Fedora has never offered and therefore never failed to provide long term
> support.

I guess we just have different definitions of "long term."  FC9 was
released May 13, 2008.  The current version of Fedora is 13.  That
means that four *MAJOR* revisions happened in two short years.  I
would venture to guess that most products don't go through four minor
revisions in the same time period.  This wouldn't be a big deal if
things were backwards compatible.  Maybe I'm just missing something
and there's some sort of extra maintenance I'm supposed to do on my
box to keep from getting to the point where my machine is out of date
and I have no way of bringing it up to date (without installing from
source, which brings up its own maintenance issues).

Anyway, enough ranting.  I'm not a fan of Ubuntu, but at least the
auto update mechanisms still work a year after you install it.

~Patrick
--
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2000 Yamaha WR-400 :: 1975 Harley FXE1200