[lug] Picking a monitor.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Jul 27 23:08:56 MDT 2010

What do you look for if you were buying a new monitor these days?

When I bought my last one (not quite 10 years ago), it seemed relatively easy to find something that
was a reasonable balance of quality, performance, and price, and to find the sweet spot in size.

I suppose today you'd get a flat screen, perhaps wide aspect ratio and that you could certainly find
something cheap.  Are flat screens a commodity and you just get the cheapest in the size you want?
Or are there other performance factors to consider?

I guess I don't currently have any DVI video cards, will I have to upgrade my card too because VGA
is going the way of ATA?

Thanks for your suggestions,
Dave