[lug] Just found something interesting about tab completion

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 11:20:52 MDT 2010

> I've seen it work two ways. The first is where you have your
> ssh public key on the other box for password-less login, and
> the second is where it completes from the local directory
> structure, but you happen to have the same directory structure on the other side...

The first one is the cool one :-)
I'm amazed on how tab completes everything contextually nowadays, not
just files: program options and suboptions, just to say another thing.
Really really cool. Keyboard has never been that fast, the mouse is
dead... Until I am on a system in which autocompletion doesn't work
properly (or at all!), and I feel like a fish in an waterless bowl...

Dav