[lug] Linux kernel crash course

Thu Jul 29 18:08:27 MDT 2010

----- "Davide Del Vento" <davide.del.vento at gmail.com> wrote:

> > a course in crash dump analysis.
>
> What would like to learn, and what do you already know?

I know the basics, and I'd like to learn some harder stuph.

I'll throw some ideas:

 - I have a hung server. I want to force it to dump core, or attempt to, and reboot, or attempt to. How do I do that?
 - If it won't reboot, what sorts of things can be done to find out why?
 - If it will dump core, what sorts of things can I do with the core dump?
 - If a server can't be physically reset, how do you get it to abandon a queued IO request?

It's a poor list, but it's what I have for now.