[lug] LCD Monitor Refresh Rates

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Fri Jul 30 23:58:11 MDT 2010

I'm assuming this means the refresh rate the video card is producing is
not one that the monitor likes.  The monitor's manual lists four
specific refresh rates for 800x600.

Do I need to get the video card to produce exactly one of those? Or just
near it, consider it a 'custom mode' but get within some sort of range
the LCD likes.

Start by setting it to 60 Hz. All of the LCDs seem to support this. Flicker seems to be far less of a problem on flatscreen than CRT. If the rate is too fast, the monitor will of course reject it to keep from destroying itself. Though I suppose self-destruct is a thing of CRT technology, not LCD.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net