[lug] Recommendations For Older Hardware?

Maxwell Spangler maxlists at maxwellspangler.com
Thu Aug 5 14:32:02 MDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 08:19 -0600, Davide Del Vento wrote:

> ;Dav
> PS: Maxwell, have you tried inkscape instead of visio?

I haven't tried Inkscape.. I'll check into it.  Visio is one of those
products that got things right from the beginning and for some reason
nobody else has been able to match it.  It's fast, easy and effective at
making diagrams that evolve as you make them into something you're proud
of showing.  I haven't seen anything that matches it yet and its one of
the few Windows apps I love.

For your relatives using Linux, do they have issues with
hardware/config?  I always wonder how 'normal' people would deal with
Linux every time I have something that doesn't work and have to apply
years of skill to resolve it.

--
Maxwell Spangler
        Linux, Unix and Database Administration