[lug] Favorite Distro for Hosting guest OS like Windows7?

Lori Reed lorireed at lightning-rose.com
Wed Aug 11 11:10:47 MDT 2010

I can't speak to Windows 7, but I have a similar vintage desktop (P4,
3.2 GHz, 2 Hyperthreads, no virtualization enhancements) and I have no
trouble running Win-XP with Sun's VirtualBox. With this configuration,
XP runs faster than it did in native mode on my old 1.2 GHz desktop.

I allow Win-XP 1 GB of RAM to run in, Win-7 may require more.

Lori