[lug] Android comparisons

Bruce Long qstream at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 10:22:40 MDT 2010

Now, I will admit the N900 is a 'geek' phone, I would NOT recommend it for

> the casual user. And it is a bit bulky/heavy. But if you want a Linux box
> in your pocket (that can also make phone calls), it is the way to go!

It's about as bulky as an iPhone with a protective case. I think it's funny
that iPhone fans often claim to want a thin/sexy phone then wrap it in a
bulky, ugly case. LOL!

I got an Android for my wife. I am quite sure there would eventually be a
situation where I would tell her "Oh, of course it can do that. Just run
xTerm and type sudo cp /etc/init.d ..." she calls anything involving xTerm
"code" as in "you might have to do code rebooting didn't help."