[lug] Scanner issue (Visioneer Strobe XP 100)

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 21:19:29 MDT 2010

> I've heard of having to add IDs to old code and recompile.  The old code works with the new device
> but has to be told that it does by adding the ID.  Maybe that means the next release will include
> the new device (but you might want to look to make sure it's on their radar).

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually tonight (at the HS) I had the
opportunity to test the hw on sidux and on Jeffrey's Ubuntu 10.04
It works out of the box on both.
Not sure why my compilation from latest sources doesn't work on Ubuntu
8.04, but since I'm planning to switch to one of the abovementioned
distros, I don't care too much to investigate more. It could have been
something as trivial as a misconfigured PATH...

Bye,
Dav