[lug] Embedded database recommendations

Steve Sullivan sullivan at mathcom.com
Tue Aug 24 16:09:05 MDT 2010

Hi,

I'm looking for embedded database recommendations.
The need is ...
  - Storage of many objects, some small, some exceeding 10 GB each
  - No SQL needed, but some sort of query language would be helpful
  - Both Java and C/C++ APIs
  - Open source (prefer MIT or LGPL to GPL license)
  - Access by multiple processes or threads
  - Robust: minimal loss during system crash; short recovery time

The API issue is tricky.  If possible we'd like a DB
with a pure Java implementation and a C++ implementation,
since calling between Java and C++ involves JNI, which
is often fragile.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Sullivan      sullivan at mathcom.com
303-494-7179          cell: 720-587-7498
http://www.mathcom.com