[lug] Embedded database recommendations

Steve Webb bigwebb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 16:47:54 MDT 2010

couchdb is written in erlang (used to embedded phone switching
equipment) and the interface is http requests and can
query or search through all of your data.  It's very embedable and on a
reboot event, the transactions are journalled, so reconstruction is very
fast.  It's the 'flavor of the month' in the web industry and is getting
ported to many platforms.  The spin-up for learning how to deal with the
system may take you a short while to learn.  Can return results in JSON.
Open source, can take advantage of multiple threads.  Self-replicates
master/master if needed (no fancy configs required, just turn it on).
very scalable.

- Steve Webb

--
Steve Webb