[lug] Black bar between pages when printing 2 pages/sheet.

Bruce Long qstream at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 08:14:45 MDT 2010

I have a shiny new HP 2320fxi color laser printer which I would like to use
to print booklets of source code.

The problem is that when I print any file (e.g., ps or pdf) with two pages
per sheet I get a thick black bar separating the two pages.

Strangely, this occurs no matter how I try to get two pages/sheet. For
example, if I rely on CUPS by using "-o number-up=2" I get the black bar.
But if I use psnup to create a ps file that is already formated to have two
pages/sheet I still have the black bar when I print. Interestingly, the
black bar does NOT show up in print preview or in the evince document
viewer.

I haven't found any ideas via google. (Though I did find a lot of "Black
Bar-stools" and "Black Bars")

--
Give me immortality or give me death!