[lug] Wireless problem

Chris Riddoch riddochc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 14:04:36 MDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org> wrote:
> User-hostile because of the congestion, or because your Linux machine
> doesn't work? :)

User-hostile because it doesn't allow non-HTTP protocols, many of
which are really quite useful and mostly harmless. :)

>  From my experiences (all entirely bad) with Linux wireless, the fault
> with AP association is certainly somewhere in the Linux software.

Sadly, that's been my experience, too.  Someone motivated, with enough
free time on their hands really could do a lot to fix the situation.
NetworkManager, in my opinion, has caused at least as many problems as
it's solved.

--
Chris Riddoch