[lug] Monkeysphere.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Sep 3 23:04:45 MDT 2010

The date of the 18th is confirmed for installfest.

I wonder how many people use GPG?  I don't, really, nor do a few Free Software literate people I've
asked.  I use an RSA key for SSH, of course.  And x.509 certs just as much (I belong to a PKI
enabled organization).  But I'm thinking monkeysphere maybe gives me a reason to have a GPG key that
will make it that much easier to sign email.  We'll see.

So if you come to our SFD, KSP, installfest extravaganza here are some tips:

- Make a key.  If you already have one but are using SHA-1 or less than a 4096 bit key, think about
transitioning (there's a page on how to do that somewhere).  Follow the gnupg.conf advice at
http://keyring.debian.org/creating-key.html.

- Bring your key fingerprint.  Best if you can print the fingerprint and uids on slips of paper you
can hand out.  (See gpg-key2ps at http://pgp-tools.alioth.debian.org/).

- Bring a photo ID.

Maybe I'll write up how I go about making and securing a key.  Then you'll all wish that I had a
blog instead.  Or that you knew how to use your kill file.

Dave