[lug] Yubikey

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Oct 13 19:35:43 MDT 2010

Maxwell Spangler wrote:
> Anybody care to comment on this?  Some fedora projects are adding
> support for it.
>
> http://yubico.com/products/yubikey/

The downside to me is that you need a separate key for each org that wants to authenticate you.  If
you have a private key on a smart card you can use it to authenticate to anyone who can figure out
how to accept an arbitrary key.  Or who can figure out how to get their key on the card you already
have.

But I have two smart cards now (and only one SecureID) so maybe that's more a theoretical advantage.
  Though with SSH I can easily use the same key for multiple orgs.

Dave