[lug] drive free space "wiper" recommendation

Glenn Murray glenn.murray at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 20:03:33 MDT 2010

Hi Paul,

I wasn't responding to your "triggering post" at all.

As to your second paragraph, I can't speak for others, of course, but
when I'm referring to the government I'm referring to someone with the
(presumed) legal authority to do what they're doing.  The other
organizations you mention (presumably) would have no such authority.
I don't know that the US federal government is more likely than anyone
else to break into computers.  However, for me, the scariest hackers
from Hollywood are the feds in movies like "Enemy of the State".  So
maybe that's how they feed into people's Big Brother nightmares and
makes them the prominent villain.

Cheers,
Glenn