[lug] Fwd: Hardware we all want: FSF announces criteria for hardware endorsement progra...

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 09:00:22 MDT 2010

I find it a very good news.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Hardware we all want: FSF announces criteria for hardware endorsement
program "Respects Your Freedom"

via News on 10/14/10
BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Thursday, October 14, 2010 -- The Free
Software Foundation (FSF) announced today that it has published an
initial set of criteria for endorsing computers and other devices. The
FSF seeks both to obtain feedback on the criteria, and raise interest
in the program among hardware manufacturers. Ultimately, the FSF plans
to promote an endorsement mark to be carried on products that meet the
criteria: respects your freedom.

The initial set of guidelines are available on the LibrePlanet wiki,
at http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Hardware/Endorsement_criteria. The FSF
welcomes feedback on the wiki discussion page, including suggestions
for improvements to the criteria, as well as ideas and art submissions
for an endorsement mark.

 More details: http://www.fsf.org/news/endorsement-criteria