[lug] Sr. Linux Systems Administrator at VMware in Broomfield, CO

Nathan Berry nathan at nathan-berry.com
Tue Nov 9 18:33:11 MST 2010

Danny,

I am responding to only one of the job requests but would be interested in
either.  I will admit to being weak in some of the requirements (Postfix) as
I use sendmail and exim.  I may be stronger in the database area than is
required as this is an area I have a lot of focus (clusters, replication,
etc.).  I have good working experience with LAMP from an administrative as
well as development perspective.  I have used VMWare products, along with
other virtualization products (virtualbox).  When working at New Frontier I
administered Redhat and CentOS database servers, both virtual and stand
alone.  I have good shell scripting skills in both bash and c-shell.  I have
written perl scripts but it has been a little while ago and I will admit to
being a little rusty.  I have written ETL scripts using perl and bash with
regular expressions.  I currently use Debian and Ubuntu as my platforms of
choice.  I have been doing UNIX/Linux system administration for about 20
years in both production and development environments.

VMWare is an excellent company and I would enjoy the opportunity to
interview for a position with them.  I am attaching a copy of my resume and
look forward to hearing back.

Thank You,
Nathan Berry
720-320-7722  Cell