[lug] dd ssh pipe to bzip?

George Sexton georges at mhsoftware.com
Wed Nov 17 17:17:11 MST 2010

In general, because you can avoid a write cycle. If I want to backup a
directory to a remote host, then I can send it directly to the remote host
without writing it to my disk subsystem. My experience has been that it's
much faster to backup across 100MB Ethernet in this way than to backup to a
USB flash drive.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
303 438-9585