[lug] Sony NEX cameras running linux?

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 07:14:54 MST 2010

Hi,

> Thom Hogan, once of Osborne, has been making noises about a programmable
> camera, but I don't think he really expected it

I know Thom, and share his desires of a programmable camera. Only
wishful thinking, I don't believe he has any rumor of one coming out
anytime soon.
These Sonys are not programmable, but if they really run linux they
might be hackable. Worth looking deeper into the source code (during
thanksgiving weekend, I'll try).

I also know about CHDK, but canon has not a mirrorless, which is what
I'm looking for now (not that I like Sony's: they have only 3 lenses,
and 2 are worthless - they also lack a normal prime!)

Thanks,
Davide