[lug] make 3.82 changes break kernel builds?

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Tue Nov 23 10:32:45 MST 2010

On 11/23/2010 10:27 AM, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 09:22 -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> yum --releasever=13 downgrade make
>
> This looks hopeful.  I've never tried to downgrade before.  However, I
> got the following message:
>
> The GPG keys listed for the "Fedora 13 - x86_64 - Updates" repository
> are already installed but they are not correct for this package.
> Check that the correct key URLs are configured for this repository.
>
> Looking at /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/ I don't see any keys specifically for F13.
> Do I need to download them?  I don't see any F13 repositories
> under /etc/yum.repos.d/ or in /etc/yum.conf either, so I'm not sure why
> it thinks there is such a repository configured.

Easiest is to just add --nogpgcheck to the yum command.

The gpg keys are part of the fedora-release packages, which are tied to the
release version, so it would be a bit tricky to import them.  The --releasever
overrides the $releasever variable in the *.repo files, so it "magically"
converts your Fedora 14 repos to Fedora 13 repos for that run.

Looks like some useful stuff on importing keys here:
https://fedoraproject.org/keys

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com