[lug] make 3.82 changes break kernel builds?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Nov 23 10:36:16 MST 2010

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:27:38 -0700
"Michael J. Hammel" <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 09:22 -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> > yum --releasever=13 downgrade make
>
> This looks hopeful.  I've never tried to downgrade before.  However, I
> got the following message:
>
> The GPG keys listed for the "Fedora 13 - x86_64 - Updates" repository
> are already installed but they are not correct for this package.
> Check that the correct key URLs are configured for this repository.
>
> Looking at /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/ I don't see any keys specifically for
> F13. Do I need to download them?  I don't see any F13 repositories
> under /etc/yum.repos.d/ or in /etc/yum.conf either, so I'm not sure
> why it thinks there is such a repository configured.

Using the releasever there runs into this issue. It's thinking
the /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora key is the key for whatever
version you are passing it, but it's in fact the key for the version
you have installed. ;)

You can either: pass '--nogpgcheck' or
rpm --import https://fedoraproject.org/static/E8E40FDE.txt
(which you can check the ssl cert on and look at
https://fedoraproject.org/keys) for more info.

kevin