[lug] BLUG Meeting Announcement 2010-12-09

jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 16:42:53 MST 2010

Davide,

One way to get that to happen is to ask some of your NCAR colleagues to go
and to record it.

Why yes, I am constantly trying to recruit people to come to BLUG talks in
every way I can. How did you guess? :-)

If you've heard him, you'll know that Jason is a fine speaker (lawyers often
are), and has contributed to the open-source licensing process, so he's not
just making it up out of whole cloth. He also on the board of the Silicon
Flatirons program, over at the law school, so he's in-touch with the Boulder
startup world.  Here's his bio. <http://www.hro.com/attorneys/view/77>

Last month, someone specifically asked if we could get Jason to talk about
patents. Well, it looks like we can!

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Davide Del Vento <davide.del.vento at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Any chance this will get recorded, at least in audio?
>
> I'll be out of town on that night (the only out-of-time night from
> September to at least March, grrr) and I would really have loved to
> come to this one.
>
> Thanks,
> Davide
>

> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 16:08, Boulder Linux <boulderlinux at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >    http://lug.boulder.co.us/calendar.html
> >
> > The December Boulder Linux User Group meeting is coming up.
> >
> >   Talk : Open Source, Software Patents and Other Legal Topics of Interest
> >
> > Speaker : Jason Haislmaier
> >
> >   When : 7 p.m. on Thu, Dec 09, 2010
> >
> >  Where : Aztek Networks, 2477 55th St, Suite 202, Boulder, CO.
> >
> >          Aztek Networks is on 55th between Arapahoe and Pearl, just
> >          north of the Humane Society.  There's plenty of parking, and
> >          the 206 and 208 busses stop across the street.
> >
> >    Map : http://lug.boulder.co.us/meetings.html
> >
> > Summary of 'Open Source, Software Patents and Other Legal Topics of
> Interest'

> > A discussion on Open Source, Software Patents and any other topics
> > that BLUG members want to discuss during the meeting.
> >

> > Pre meeting food
> > ----------------
> >
> > Please join us informally for a bite to eat at Panera Bread before the
> > meeting, around 5:30 P.M.  Panera is in the 29th street mall, east of
> > Highway 36/28th street near Walnut.
> >

> > --
> > Boulder Linux User Group
> > http://lug.boulder.co.us