[lug] Protecting Media Computer

Bruce Long qstream at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 22:03:54 MST 2010

I have a media computer that has all our movies, music, etc. on it. I have
XBMC but often we need to exit and use the Ubuntu system underneath for file
browsing, internet surfing, etc.

Lately, I've had the problem of our 3 year old experimenting with mouse
clicks and pop-up menus and I'm reminded of the three-year-old in the news a
year or so back that clicked around on eBay and purchased a steam-roller
from Australia while her parents slept.

Before I try the obvious solutions, do any of you have any tips for this
kind of thing? I can't just hide the mouse because the kids use the system
for educational software and select their own movies/music when allowed to.