[lug] Protecting Media Computer

Bruce Long qstream at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 19:32:32 MST 2010

Thanks for all the ideas everyone. Davide, your scripts I think solve the
problem almost exactly! Thanks!

Three-years-olds are definitely a joy. But they can be an expensive one.
Last night (after I posted my problem) he poured a glass of water on my
wife's laptop. Maybe he heard her say she needed to clean the hard-drive?

Cheers!

Bruce

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 7:13 PM, Davide Del Vento <
davide.del.vento at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.poweradded.net/2009/09/cddvd-tray-lockunlock-under-linux.html
> (my hw sw combination didn't like easier solutions)
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lk4b/
>
> HTH
> ;Dav
>
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 09:33, Davide Del Vento
> <davide.del.vento at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Enable the screensaver with password lock.
> >
> > Problem (for me) with screensaver, was that I or the kid actually
> > wanted to see the screen (possibly while being far from the machine),
> > for cartoons, skype videoconf or the likes. So that's why I used those
> > screensaver-like scripts which keep the screen active.

> >> Someone has to say it....gives new meaning to the phrase "Script kiddie"

Give me immortality or give me death!