[lug] Shared Geek Calendar

jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 11:53:46 MST 2010

I don't know about in general, but Google Calendar (and, I seem to recall,
the Mac analogue) lets you do that, out-of-the-box.

My calendar includes three calendars of my own and nine from other folks,
such as Davide's helpful BLUG calendar.

Moreover, for time-oriented data, calendars are a natural-feeling UI, so
they make a good reporting tool. Hudson has a plugin to create its own
Google Calendar, but for CruiseControl and releases and a variety of other
things, I've used the Google Calendar API to build task- and tool-specific
calendars.  Selective calendar inclusion means you can watch or not watch
them as circumstances change.

Google Calendar also make them searchable and shareable with, say, your
boss.

HTH!

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 11:19 AM, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu>wrote:

> That looks better than what I have, once you figure it out, but by
> definition, it'll only have BLUG events. Is there a way to create a calendar
> that auto-includes all the events from the BLUG calendar?
>
> David L. Willson
> Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
> RHCE MCT MCSE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
> tel://720.333.LANS
> Freedom is better when you earn it. Learn Linux.

Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell], http://seejeffrun.blogspot.com [blog],
http://www.youtube.com/user/goyishekop [vlog]
פרייהייט? דאס איז יאַנג דינען וואָרט.