[lug] need help installing the NIST program dataplot

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 11:44:40 MST 2010

Hi,

> This software is absolutely ancient by Internet time standards, but
> seems to be in active use within NIST

I don't know anything about these particular codes, but I know that
sometimes old stuff is still used simply because "it just works" as it
is, maybe linked or as a dependency in some other piece of code, which
nobody wants to change, etc...

So, are you sure you really need these? If yes, then, go ahead and get
the pain of it. Otherwise, as Steve said, use R. Or as I say, use
python (with scipy, numpy, mathplotlib) which are available in Squeeze
and a breeze to install.

HTH,
;Dav