[lug] online meeting software for linux

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 21:49:28 MST 2011

Hi,

This one: http://blog.tridgell.net/?p=111 Interesting.

> He shares his desktop
> with VNC and shares the audio with mumble.  VNC (or nx) to many people might be hard on bandwidth,
> mumble doesn't seem to be.
I thought vnc/nx (which I'm investigating for their own "main"
purpose, i.e. remote graphical logins) didn't offer what I'm after.
Instead they do, with just a simple configuration mentioned on the
blog post. Not sure if it will be hard on our bandwidth, since this
will happen among universities, that usually are wired with pretty
strong pipes.

I'll try this option too, although I'd prefer something that doesn't
require installs at "client" (i.e. listener) side. Maybe a web nx
client? I'll check.

Thanks,
;Dav