[lug] usb droid, keyboards. and charging

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Fri Feb 11 17:45:00 MST 2011

Anyone with a modern android will probably be even more of a linux fan after using one a while. I saw an article on how to wire a USB keyboard via a home made adapter (requires sacrificing an automobile charger and some solder). But I kind of wanted to do more than that for a Droid X...

The one external micro USB connector is the charger connector, which also accepts a USB keyboard...so you can't charge it and use a keyboard at the same time. Does anyone here know if it works to plug a charger into a USB hub, and then the hub to the phone, and have it charge correctly? And if this works, would a keyboard function with power applied to the hub without being damaged?

D. Stimits, stimits at comcast.net