[lug] debian package creator from existing tree?

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Thu Feb 24 09:28:25 MST 2011

I seem to recall there's a debian package creator from an existing tree?...
I've created a number of packages by hand but it's always a pain if it's
static content that doesn't require compilation.

The specific need is fonts, gimp brushes and tools, wordpress themes and
plugins, etc.  All static content that needs nothing more than 'deforma' or
the like.

BTW I know about dpkg-repack but I don't think it's what I'm looking for.
But I could be mistaken.

Thanks,

Bear