[lug] "Impact of Cloud Computing on UNIX and Linux System Administrators"

Robert Racansky robert.racansky at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 13:44:12 MST 2011

For those of you who were present at October's meeting, or missed it,
this should be of interest to you...

http://www.safaribooksonline.com/Corporate/DownloadAndResources/webcasts.php

Impact of Cloud Computing on UNIX and Linux System Administrators - Part 1

Featuring: Trent Hein & Ned McClain
Recording Date: February 22, 2011
Duration: 32:50

Does the advent of cloud computing spell the end of UNIX and Linux
system administrators?

Watch this hour-long webcast as we explore the post-modern system
administration world and examine how cloud computing may impact our
profession and our skill set. The webcast, features two of the authors
of the UNIX and Linux System Administration Handbook, now celebrating
its 20th anniversary, no small feat in the computer world. They will
discuss best practices for managing an environment utilizing
cloud-based infrastructure, and engage in a lively discussion about
what should and shouldn't be placed in the cloud. Along with the
facts, you'll also hear expert advice and real-world examples from a
variety of industries.

Whether you're a novice administrator or seasoned professional, this
webcast is ideal for IT and IS professionals who want to take their
skills to the next level.

Impact of Cloud Computing on UNIX and Linux System Administrators - Part 2

Featuring: Trent Hein & Ned McClain
Recording Date: February 22, 2011
Duration: 33:07