[lug] reStructuredText, PDFs and sphinx

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 21:13:38 MST 2011

I have two (un)related questions:

1) Anybody used http://code.google.com/p/bruce-tpt/ or rst2pdf (see
http://lateral.netmanagers.com.ar/stories/BBS52.html ) for your
presentations? I'm tired of OpenOffice (or other Office clones) and
I'd love to hear your comments!

2) I explored http://sphinx.pocoo.org/ a little bit and it feels like
a nice and convenient way to write LaTeX books! (by the way I wrote
two dissertations in LaTeX and I like it, but reStructuredText is so
much better). However I don't like the default look-and-feel of the
PDFs generated with Sphinx. I would like to "reset" it to the usual
LaTeX default. I'm looking for how to do that, so far without any
success - please let me know if you are or become aware on how to do
that.

Thanks and Enjoy the Weekend (TM)
;Dav