[lug] reStructuredText, PDFs and sphinx

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 11:13:08 MDT 2011

> Miscellaneous other presentation software:
Thanks.

> PerlPoint is a lot like BBS52, but simpler.
This is the most close to what I have in mind, but still it lacks some
"killer features" that bruce has, e.g. multi-display awareness.

> If you're okay with PowerPoint-y
No way, but thanks for the suggestions  - I've been there already, and
they not solve my problems of something which has *real* version
control (what changed in this 200 slides between revision 123 and 124?
And between 124 and 127? I don't want to re-read 200 slides twice just
to find a typo and a realignment in a couple of images!), source is
readable text, simple things are simple and complex things are
possible.

> Prezi,
Yes it does look cool. But I think it will fail like Google Wave: a
promising too, but so weird that you don't know what to use it for
(besides the gimmick transitions, which are cool, but not to core of
the tool, right?)

Thanks anyway, I'll test bruce and let you know.

Dav