[lug] reStructuredText, PDFs and sphinx

jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 11:30:04 MDT 2011

Davide,

I reckoned you'd already thought about all these alternatives and BBS52 was
closest to what you wanted; I was only listing them for other folks who have
related but different needs.

Like editors, presentation software is "different strokes for different
folks."

I'm betting that Macs have some killer offerings, too, but I don't have a
Mac.

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Davide Del Vento <
davide.del.vento at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Miscellaneous other presentation software:
> Thanks.
>
> > PerlPoint is a lot like BBS52, but simpler.
> This is the most close to what I have in mind, but still it lacks some
> "killer features" that bruce has, e.g. multi-display awareness.
>
> > If you're okay with PowerPoint-y
> No way, but thanks for the suggestions  - I've been there already, and
> they not solve my problems of something which has *real* version
> control (what changed in this 200 slides between revision 123 and 124?
> And between 124 and 127? I don't want to re-read 200 slides twice just
> to find a typo and a realignment in a couple of images!), source is
> readable text, simple things are simple and complex things are
> possible.
>
> > Prezi,
> Yes it does look cool. But I think it will fail like Google Wave: a
> promising too, but so weird that you don't know what to use it for
> (besides the gimmick transitions, which are cool, but not to core of
> the tool, right?)
>
> Thanks anyway, I'll test bruce and let you know.
>
> Dav

Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell], http://seejeffrun.blogspot.com [blog],
http://www.youtube.com/user/goyishekop [vlog]