[lug] Red-Hat Kickstart for Disaster Recovery

Jose Luis Salas joseluis.salas09 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 14:38:50 MDT 2011

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response.

I really looking something to creat server images
in case I need them for disaser recovery
becuase this environment just want to
keep the current servers up and running
and no plans to do a lot of new installations.

Do you know an application that can do that
on RH?

Thanks again and regards!

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Steve A Hart <shart at colorado.edu> wrote:

> I don't use any kickstart tool but we do use RH kickstart to automate
> the install of all my systems.  Once you have the kickstart file created
> to your desired specifications, it's really east to run the install.
>
> Steve
>
> On 03/15/2011 02:05 PM, Jose Luis Salas wrote:
> > Hello Amigos,
> >
> > I would like to ask you if somebody has used the Kickstart Red-Hat tool
> > for production disaster recovery or if Kickstart can be only use
> > for automatic installation but not for disaster recovery.
> >
> > If you know about a different tool please let me know as well.
> >
> > Muchas Gracias!
> >
> > --
> > Jose Luis Salas
> >
> > E-mail: joseluis.salas09 at gmail.com <mailto:joseluis.salas09 at gmail.com>

> > Join us on IRC: irc.hackingsociety.org port=6667 channel=#hackingsociety
>
> --
> Steve Hart
> Systems Administrator
> Colorado Center for Astrodynamics Research
> University of Colorado Boulder
> shart at colorado.edu
> (303)492-8109

Jose Luis Salas