[lug] lexmark printer compatibility

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Mon Apr 4 13:18:41 MDT 2011

From: stimits at comcast.net
 Anyone here know what printer language is used in the Lexmark
inkjets? If someone here has a Lexmark inkjet, how far back in time can you
think of that it was installed and worked (both time and distro version)?

I have no idea what the printer language is.

I successfully got a Lexmark X2600 inkjet working with Fedora 10(or so?) about September 2009. Commercial driver package from Lexmark plugged right into CUPS. The printer and first two cartridges were free, otherwise I hate inkjets.

Andrew

Would you happen to know if there was a PPD file with it from then or now? I'm thinking that if it was fedora, then there would probably be a file ending in .ppd which might describe it. I'm particularly interested in the older versions, not sure if you still have FC10 running or not. I really like what I see on Lexmark inkjets compared to HP or Epson, but I hesitate unless I already have some similar support under a very old FC.

Thanks!

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net