[lug] kvm drive i/o - nfs vs direct mount

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 20:46:53 MDT 2011

> FYI - Ubuntu's default install doesn't include perf and apt-get doesn't
> know about perf.  Geez.  Does it include *anything* useful to a
> developer?  Ugh.  Any idea what package its in?

As much as I agree with your rant against the "Ubuntu is too much
consumer oriented", and as much as I hate their forcing me on having a
social network menu (I don't have any twitter, facebook account or the
likes, now what?) I have to disagree with the bottom line. They ship
*everything* that a developer needs (and I mean Software Engineer, I
don't know about System Administrator) and this is the second reason
why I keep running it. The first is that no other distro offers a
decent LTS-like option.

Back to your question just typing the command on the shell it tells
you what to do:

davide at demonio:~$ perf
The program 'perf' is currently not installed.  You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install linux-tools-common