[lug] remote management hardware?

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 12:00:58 MDT 2011

An upcoming move means I will no longer be able to show up onsite to
deal with OS failures, so I'm trying to research remote management
hardware, preferably of the sort which can be added or attached to an
existing server, rather than the sort which is built in to the
motherboard.

Do any of you have any recommendations about these sorts of devices?
Or should I take advantage of one server's recently-demonstrated
flakiness, and buy a motherboard with ILO (or something similar) built
in?

Calvin Dodge