[lug] OT: Linux System Admin

Paul Nowosielski paulnowosielski at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 14:38:39 MDT 2011

Dear All,

I am moving forward from my job in Colorado.
I have an opportunity which I cannot refuse.

My client is in need of a Linux system admin to replace me.
This is a great employer with ethics and they treat their employees and
clients in a very respectful fashion. They were voted one of the top 3
employers in 2010.

We need a part time Linux admin to maintain the in house and remote systems.

Systems currently in use but not exclusive are
apache, mysql, ssh, sendmail, ntpd, poptop,
svn,nfs,smb and hylafax.
Many of our cron jobs are written in PHP
so our web developers can understand and edit them.

Bash scripting, php, and network security audits are a must.
SugarCRM experience is a plus but not mandatory.

We are also wanting to replace the windows back end systems
with openldap, outsource our mail systems(currently Exchange), and setup
PXE boot servers for our windows clients.

We are also wanting to document the systems and migrate our remote
systems to the cloud.

This would be a part time position on contract.

It is important to understand that we need a dedicated individual
to take over for me. I am not interested in hiring a 3rd party firm.
I need a nimble individual who works on Linux systems passionately.

All perspective contractors will be subject to a background check
and  will *have to* provide 3 reliable references.

P.S. You must be a very confident MySQL admin. Our data is the most
important part of our company.

If you are interested or have questions please send me an email
of the list.

Kind regards,

Paul