[lug] System Administration - First Dive?

Dan Ferris dan at usrsbin.com
Tue Apr 19 22:11:07 MDT 2011

I would humbly suggest that you look into buying a Linux VPS or Amazon
EC2 instance in addition to setting up a home server.  For starters it
will allow you to learn a little about VPNs and routing.  Plus it's
easier to run public servers on a VPS or EC2 instance than it is on your
home DSL/Cable line.

I use www.arpnetworks.com for mine.  It's like $40 a month and it's
money well spent.